Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hatching plans

I got this 1959-ish pattern in some lot or other, but it's a bit mangy.  It's also missing the pattern pieces for the pants.

The back of the envelope is in even worse shape than the front.  I decided, in the end, that it was a little too rough to list.  But i think the nightgown is cute, so i'm diverting it to my own pattern stash.  Happily, it's pretty close to my size, and a design that'll have a lot of ease, so i may get off easy in the grading department.

I just got a bolt of bleached muslin in a box lot (20-odd yards, counting folds) which should suit, and i think i'll do the contrast bias trim they show on View 2 (the polka dot one - click on the photo to see the detail).  I've got the most darling vintage cotton bias tape in a tiny, tiny green gingham, and i've been looking for an excuse to use it.  If i've got enough, i'll use it in place of ribbon for the ties, too.

2 comments:

vintage eye said...

That will be adorable! You should sell that instead!

Fripperie said...

Thanks! But - true confession time - i like the design part much better than the actual sewing part, so i tend not to sew for hire or to sell, just for myself and folks i really, really like...